Krauser Building 9-15 S Front Street
This building is on the east side of Front Street, just south of Broadway. The
Milton Realty building was later built to the left, and the old Milton National
Bank building is on the right. Daniel M. Krauser was born in 1845 and died in 1920.
He lived with his wife Katherine E. (Heinen) and son William at 303 N Front St. His brother Ellis was single and lived at 241 N Front St.
From “Eyewitness Description of THE GREAT MILTON FIRE” By FREDERIC A. GODCHARLES:
The Krauser block was destroyed February 17, 1904, in a terrible fire which had its origin in the basement of Sam, the Shoeman. The immense drug business of the Krauser brothers, Daniel and Ellis, and the jewelry business of G. Dallas Fox, the shoe store of Sam, the Shoeman, and the effects of the Henry Wilson Post, G. A. R., and S. Hepburn Pollock Camp, Sons of Veterans, were a total loss.